Membership and Events Coordinator
Position Summary: Playing a key role in the public presentation of the organization, the Membership and Events Coordinator will aid in and provide administrative support for the planning and execution of events, marketing strategy, and member retention initiatives. This position regularly engages with external members and event participants regarding the NYAPRS mission. The ideal candidate must possess the capacity to use judgment and discretion regularly, as well as a certain degree of system knowledge, creativity, and flexibility.
- Maintains donor records, solicits and acknowledges donations, and prepares advertisements or correspondence regarding NYAPRS and its programs; may arrange and attend meetings with donors and prospective donors;
- Prepares, maintains, and disseminates information regarding NYAPRS and its events through a variety of media forms including print and electronic (website, social media, e-news); helps maintain a favorable public image for NYAPRS;
- Manages the strategy and planning of meetings and special events for NYAPRS; coordinates amenities and accommodations for events; makes recommendations and monitors event budgets and negotiates all necessary contracts;
- Helps coordinate fundraising strategies and aids in most aspects of fundraising programs; assists in the development of fundraising goals and solicits funds to meet these goals; helps to identify new donors and organizes initiatives to solicit funding; may assist in developing major gift opportunities and writing grant proposals;
- Develops and promotes NYAPRS brand to enhance public image and foster consistency; performs regular review of presentation and/or promotional materials, etc.;
- Regularly arranges meetings, teleconferences, and appointments without clearance based upon project demands;
- Prepares reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries as needed; may assist in research, analysis and interpretation of data when required;
- Regularly performs a broad range of administrative support functions requiring initiative, judgment, and independent decision-making;
- Coordinates, handles, and/or completes other projects as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years not-for-profit experience required.
- 3+ years demonstrated progressive administrative experience.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret information.
- Data management experience including entry, analysis, and manipulation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with public mental health services
- Event-planning experience
- Public relations or advertising experience
- Familiarity with website maintenance
- Lived experience with the mental health system
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to:
- OR -
Director of Human Resources
194 Washington Avenue, Suite 400
Albany, NY 12210