The New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS), a nationally acclaimed peer-led behavioral health systems integration change agent based in Albany, NY, is dedicated to promoting the recovery, rehabilitation, and rights of people with psychiatric disabilities or diagnoses. NYAPRS is currently seeking a Training and Technical Assistance Facilitator for the New York City/Long Island area in its Systems Transformation division.
Under the direction of the Senior Projects Coordinator, the Training and Technical Assistance Facilitator will develop and implement training for New York City and Long Island behavioral health providers on Recovery Innovations as part of the statewide NYAPRS Training Collective for Recovery, Rehabilitation, and Rights. This is a work-from-home position that requires extensive travel and a valid driver’s license. Personal vehicle ownership is not required.
- GED or High School Diploma, BA/BS preferred
- Experience in formally training or leading groups preferred
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Facility with computers/technical equipment
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to act independently
- Demonstrated ability to engage others in training
- High level of accountability and initiative
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively required
Personal experience with the mental health system and the ability to use that experience to enhance training preferred.
NYAPRS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health coverage, retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to:
- OR -
Director of Human Resources
194 Washington Avenue, Suite 400
Albany, NY 12210