Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 11:41AM
Position Summary: The MHW -Vocational Counselor / Employment Specialist helps prepare individuals for real world experiences such as employment and various other community interactions.
Employment Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Vocational services for all individuals served by the ACT team.
- Assist individuals in the securing gainful employment.
- Provide education and assistance to individuals with job applications, preparing for job interviews.
- Perform vocational assessment.
- Assist individuals to obtain education necessary for employment.
- Act as a liaison with stakeholders.
- Develop a relationship with employers.
- Develop network of employers willing to work with those with SPMI.
- Educate and support individual’s families and advocate for individual’s rights and preferences.
- Attend vocational related meetings in the community
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in human service field. OT certification/license preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience working with individuals in an employment setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to pass all appropriate state and federal clearances.
Schedule: Rotating 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; noon - 8:00 PM
Location: Office is in Wilmington, DE. Position will require travel within New Castle County.
Julie Vervlied, Sr. Staffing Partner
IT Department | Comments Off |