Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 3:12PM
Location: Wilmington or Dover Offices
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Position Type: Full time - Independent Contractor
At the present time, there is no formal benefit package or tax withholding. Contractor per-hour wages to be paid on a semi-monthly basis. Contractor is responsible for payment of applicable taxes. Further clarification and support delivered upon successful hire. This is anticipated to be a full-time, 40-hour/week position.
The DCRC, a non-profit which advocates for civil and human rights for persons recovering from mental health conditions, is seeking applicants interested in social justice advocacy for/with people recovering from mental health conditions. The Administrative Director will support and collaborate with the Executive Director on all projects of the Delaware Consumer Recovery Coalition (DCRC).
Applicants must be activists, gifted communicators, flexible, resourceful, and open-minded. Necessary skills include event planning, record keeping, website management, and ability to facilitate self-help/advocacy groups.
Activities generally include but not limited to:
- meetings with policy makers and practitioners in behavioral health field
- some travel out of state for conferences and meetings
- developing relationships with state representatives and senators
- grassroots organization of meetings, people, and events
- technological support and online image development
- record keeping including billing and expenditures
- personal experience in recovery from mental health struggles
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- years of experience in field, preferred but not necessary
IT Department | Comments Off |