PRS, Inc. recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US is a community-based nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and any combination of these. PRS helps clients achieve personal wellness, recovery and community integration by building the independent living skills and providing the supports they need to find meaningful, satisfying lives fully integrated into their communities.
We are now accepting applications for Recovery Support Specialists (Peer Support) professionals. Positions are part-time and available in Arlington (30 hours per week) and McLean (20 hours per week).
The Recovery Support Specialist conducts psychosocial classes to client groups on the recovery process based on related personal experience and curriculum materials; provides individual support and outreach to clients; and completes orientation on new clients and enters client clinical notes into the electronic health record.
- Must be a person with lived experience (consumer past or present) of mental health services.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or 15 credit hours in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or other related field preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with basic computer office software required.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with clients.
- Comfortable in presenting to and leading groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Clean driving record with reliable transportation required.
Interested applicants can apply at www.prsinc.iapplicants.com.