The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Program Specialist in our Office of Consumer Affairs.
Under the direction of the Administrator of the Office of Consumer Affairs in the Division of Behavioral Health, the candidate selected will do the following:
- assess Certified Peer Support and Wellness Specialist program effectiveness,
- identify training needs and requirements and develops and presents educational skill-based training to peer support specialists and behavioral health service providers.
- Working with community partners to ensure the Office of Consumer Affairs operates effectively and efficiently by coordinating with other divisions and outside agencies.
- Prepares and presents informational presentations for people that utilize behavioral health services, agency staff, and service providers to assist individuals and families to participate meaningfully in community living, the recovery/resiliency process, and in their wellness goals.
- Manage contracts with consumer and family organizations, create financial reports and meet with contractors to assist with contract adherence.
- Represent the Office of Consumer Affairs in coordinating mental health board training, review self-study affidavits and manual updates.
- Facilitate trauma-informed peer support and wellness specialist training, participate in the Facilitators Circle meetings to plan and shape peer support in Nebraska.
- Create Power Point presentations, webinars, and papers to improve peer support skill set.
- Assist in planning of annual statewide conference and representation of the Office of Consumer Affairs at that conference.
- Provide updates to Network of Care and Office of Consumer Affairs website. Facilitate educational groups and forums at the Lincoln Regional Center, and attend key meetings like the Seclusion and Restraint Reduction meetings.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree or equivalent coursework/training in public administration, peer support, social/behavioral sciences, health care or human services or professional experience working in a human/social service or health care agency with responsibility for planning or evaluating services, programs or operational policies and practices. Speak from a voice of personal recovery, wellness, and resiliency experience in working to assist in creating policy, plans, and educational programs.
PREFERRED: Knowledge of issues related to trauma informed care, co-occurring mental health and substance use, family systems, and/or transition age youth.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
Closing Date: April 10, 2013
Please visit our website at: statejobs.nebraska.gov to apply for this position.