Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:00PM
Peer Bridger Coordinator
The Peer Bridger Coordinator position offers an exciting opportunity to work for a unique mental health organization and provide Peer Support to people in transition from a hospital setting. Using personal history and experience with behavioral health challenges he or she would guide, coach, and mentor adults who are transitioning into independent living. This would include finding resources, building support networks, and provide “in reach” groups to mental health facilities.
Peer support includes the following:
- Using your experience of recovery to help a young person succeed
- Collaborating with other organizations and hospital to support recovery and independence
- Providing one-on-one or group activities designed to share experiences, build relationships, enhance competency, and develop community living skills
- Maintaining frequent contact with the people in order to provide support and guidance
- Encouraging people to participate in wellness and recovery activities
- At least 18 years of age
- GED or High School diploma
- Upper Level Education a plus
- Attend and facilitate groups inside API and Providence Mental Health Unit
- Be familiar with “Consumer Lead” outpatient services and provide community outreach to increase Peer awareness
- Lead week Peer Support trainings to broaden understanding of Peer Support and program goals
- Coordinate and link Peer Bridgers and volunteers with people interested in services
- Collect data important to maintain the Peer Bridger program
- Should be familiar with quarterly grant reporting requirements and assisting with the grant reporting process
- Competent to provide peer support services by having experienced behavioral health issues in your life
- Have a willingness to share this experience to support others
- Be able to engage peers in the community
- Be willing to participate in CHOICES’ Leadership Team
Other Requirements: A cleared background check and current TB are required, prior to employment. CPR/First certified is also required within 30 days of employment and you must have completed WRAP or be able to complete WRAP training within the first year of employment.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or fax it to (907) 333-4383.
CHOICES, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Organization to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employees for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
IT Department | Comments Off |