President and CEO
Mental Health America, founded in 1909, is soliciting applications for the position of President and CEO.
Mental Health America is dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental and substance use conditions and achieving victory over mental illnesses and addictions through advocacy, education, research and service.
The President and CEO is the senior staff member of Mental Health America and shall engage in the following primary activities:
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for Mental Health America and its over 200 affiliates nationwide;
- Represent its programs and policies, in collaboration with local affiliates, before a wide array of audiences including local, state and national elected and appointed decision makers, other national organizations in and outside of the mental health field, the media, and current and potential funders;
- Ensure the continued financial strength and stability of the organization through innovative program development, creative fund raising and continuous outreach to potential funders and donors;
- Continue full support of the concepts of consumer empowerment and recovery;
- Promote the science of prevention in the field of mental health; and
This position requires:
- A high level of results-orientated motivation;
- Proven experience and measurable success in fund development;
- Demonstrated proficiency in advocacy, management and team-building skills;
- Bachelor's degree minimum with a preference for an advanced degree;
- Broad based experience in mental health and/or human service administration;
- Significant experience in non-profit management, preferably related to mental health;
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to communicate effectively;
- Experience successfully managing organizations of similar or larger size; and
Compensation: Compensation will be determined based upon experience.
To apply: Send letter of interest and comprehensive resume, not later than October 30, 2013, to Richard Van Horn, c/o MH America of LA, 100 West Broadway, Suite 5010, Long Beach, CA 90802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.