Position: Project Director (1)
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Campbell Center is a recovery consumer education and advocacy group for individuals living with mental health and substance abuse/addiction disorders. We seek social change on an individual level by supporting wellness and recovery, training in leadership and micro-enterprise, and fostering community engagement.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Working within our recovery community, opportunity exists to provide futuristic leadership development, systemic change and peer support to a diverse culture of individuals living in the District of Columbia. Such services include developing a citywide peer/provider coalition, facilitating certification workshops, developing and assisting in shaping and implementing new programs and working towards the creation of a true system of recovery oriented care by developing and facilitating partnerships with providers, government agencies and stakeholders.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Be a person with lived experience (emotional/psychiatric/survivor/mental illness)
- Have 5 years of advanced proficiency as a developer of programs (workshops, seminars and groups)
- Have advanced proficiency of databases (Excel, Access)
- Have advanced knowledge of peer support, recovery, suicide prevention and social justice issues
- Have knowledge of federal and local programs that offer support and resources for individuals who have experienced emotional/psychiatric/mental illness and who may have a co-occurring diagnosis with mental health/substance abuse and/or addiction disorders
- Have attention to detail
- Have strong analytical and research skills
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Have advanced proficiency with Word and PowerPoint
- Have advanced proficiency of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities with minimal supervision
- WRAP/WELLNESS RECOVERY ACTION PLAN
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. OR B.S.) in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, minimum of 3 years experience working with individuals who have experienced emotional/psychiatric/survivor/mental illness break and who may have a co-occurring diagnosis with mental health/substance abuse and/or addiction disorders.
Qualified candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and a writing sample by mail to Iden Campbell McCollum at 1231-B Good Hope Road. SE, Washington, DC 20020 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please type Project Director in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be screened for qualifications and experience, and all required elements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
Please submit all required materials by May 29, 2015 12:00 am.
The Campbell Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. All applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. All candidates will be subject to a background check as a condition of employment with The Campbell Center.
No phone calls please.