Click Here for more information.
As a Senior Policy Advisor in the Administration on Children, Youth, and Families (ACYF), Family Youth and Services Bureau (FYSB), Division of Adolescent Development and Support (DADS), you will be performing policy analyses of special initiatives and priorities. You will also have public policy experience related to children and youth issues.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation
- One-year probationary period may be required
- Serving as senior policy advisor on youth programs and program development issues for the Division of Adolescent Development and Support.
- Leading efforts to develop new and innovative youth and program policies and strategies within FYSB.
- Coordinating the effective implementation of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA), and Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program (APP) legislation.
- Supporting the development of responses to congressional requests and legislative reviews regarding at-risk and vulnerable youth issues.
- Coordinating, planning, and conducting broad policy reviews and studies of national significance.
- Analyzing policy and drafting policy documents for various audiences.
- GS-13: Applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included:
- Advising senior and high-ranking officials on complex issues to coordinate adolescent policy and youth development policy efforts
- Conducting comprehensive analyses of various youth related policies and drafting briefs and other documents for dissemination to various audiences.
- Developing, managing, and coordinating reviews and analyses of complex adolescent and youth policy issues.
- Developing new and innovative policy guidance and strategies for at-risk youth programs.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement required: No
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and moving expenses authorized: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Relocation incentives authorized: No
11. Recruitment incentives authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: Yes
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Candidates will be assigned to a quality category:
- Best Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position.
- Well Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
- Qualified - Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
To view full job listing, Click Here.